A Concrete Relationship, Decades in the Making
Cemstone is among the largest ready mix and concrete companies in Minnesota. For more than 90 years, this family-led business has built processes, products and relationships that have made—and kept—it successful.
In 2015, when Cemstone was ready to build out its largest batch plant, it turned to Collins for full-service electrical support.
Preconstruction & Design Services
- Assessed the electrical power and control requirements for the facility’s infrastructure and manufacturing processes including control systems for various cement manufacturing processes such as water treatment, truck fueling, underground materials handling conveyors, and batch plant control
- Analyzed and designed the site’s existing electrical infrastructure to accommodate all of Cemstone’s power, process and lighting needs
- Installed thousands of feet of conduit and wiring
- Coordinated the installation of all packages and components from the various vendors, handling point-to-point wiring and integration challenges
- Designed and installed new LED lighting systems for the site’s interior, exterior and aggregate-supply tunnels
- Installed all the control wiring and sensors for automation equipment, conveyor systems, sensors, silo sensing equipment and conveyers
- Provided turnkey solutions for security, alarm and voice/data systems throughout the site
- Installed a video management system including a network of hardware, software and cameras to monitor the plant’s mission-critical processes
Service & Maintenance
- Provided ongoing service and maintenance support as needed