BUILT ON A FOUNDATION OF INTEGRITY AND TRUST
April 13, 1948
William Neil Collins opens the doors of Collins-Hegberg on Payne Avenue in St. Paul.
The business primarily sells electric ranges as well as washing machines because of the company’s ability to perform the necessary wiring.
The Company name officially changes to Collins Electrical Construction Co.
Collins purchases Pioneer Electric and moves to South Wabasha.
Collins moves to present location, 278 State Street.
Era marked primarily by street work and two major electrical maintenance contracts:
- Street lights and their electrical maintenance
- Contract for Sperry Rand (now known as Unisys)
- Contract for Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant
Raymond Barry and William Heggelman build a new division of the company—Collins Communications—which would later be sold in 1980.
Raymond Barry is named President of Collins.
Our customers are our number one priority. We are proud to be a union contractor, and one of our strongest assets is our highly-skilled labor force. We are proud of the fact that many of our expert electricians have been on the payroll for decades. We believe they are the best in the business.
– Raymond Barry
Founder, Bill Collins, sadly succumbs to cancer. Russ Clymer, Bob Stennes and Bob Werden become co-owners.
Collins lands two major electrical maintenance contracts:
- 3M Cottage Grove
- Xcel Energy for their coal and nuclear plants
Leonard Deeg becomes president.
Finance and Commerce Reader Rankings names Collins Best Electrical Contractor!
Led by current president, Jared Hawkinson, Collins currently employs more than 200 electricians and serves a variety of marquee Minnesota-based clients including Xcel Energy, 3M Company and Mall of America.