The electrical estimator will be responsible for providing accurate estimates for a variety of electrical construction projects. The successful candidate will have five or more years of experience and be familiar with design-build and design-assist delivery methods and lighting, power distribution, mechanical equipment, and technology systems.
- Obtain drawings, specifications, and related documents.
- Review bid documents and attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work.
- Solicit material and subcontractor quotations.
- Prepare electronic estimates using On-Screen Takeoff and Accubid.
- Prepare professionally detailed proposals.
- Attend interviews and respond to customer questions.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to propose cost-saving alternatives to specified means and methods.
- Knowledge of general construction methods.
- Experience reading plans, specifications, and other RFP documentation.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code, various construction types, and building occupancies.
- Knowledge of lighting, power distribution, mechanical equipment, and technology systems.
- Experience with design-build and design-assist delivery methods.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deliver accurate work on a timely basis in a fast-paced setting.
- Outgoing personality with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Accubid Classic.
- Five years of experience (required).
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins is an EEO/AA employer and recruits, hires, trains and promotes all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, participation in a human rights commission and/or any other basis protected by law or company policy.