The electrical drafter/designer will be responsible for planning, designing and completing projects as assigned.
- Manage all aspects of design work and drafting as needed, in addition to collaborating with the design team and project managers.
- Research and collect data for design options, and develop designs.
- Attend design-related meetings with clients to present and define their needs, provide project status, and respond to requests or concerns—both verbally and in writing.
- Perform preliminary electrical power and lighting system calculations such as short circuit, voltage drop and load, as required.
- Create utility designs for both power and low-voltage systems.
- Reformulate designs based on unexpected circumstances or client changes
- Communicate with project managers and other parties as to timelines, progress and deviations from schedule or budget.
- Review drawings and research codes to verify compliance with city, state, and county regulations.
- Review submittals to ensure compliance with the project scope.
- Manage several projects at one time
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical design (preferred). An associate degree in electrical design will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk products (Revit MEP, AutoCAD), Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office required.
- Strong aptitude for electrical design, performing calculations for power distribution systems, lighting and special systems for commercial, industrial, retail, multi-family, mixed-use and healthcare facility construction projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills—both written and verbal.
- Ability to be a self-starter, capable of working independently and as a member of a group.
- Excellent organizational, design, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of NEC and local codes
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins is an EEO/AA employer and recruits, hires, trains and promotes all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, participation in a human rights commission and/or any other basis protected by law or company policy.