PROJECT MANAGER: Major PROJECTS
Collins is seeking a project manager to join the Major Projects group. The project manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing electrical construction projects—from budgeting and estimating through design, project management and completion. The project manager is also responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time and within budgetary constraints.
- Review all specifications and drawings.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work, time period of work necessary for the project, and required contents of estimate.
- Confer with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers to negotiate and utilize local expertise to estimate costs.
- Solicit material and subcontractor quotations.
- Prepare electronic estimates using On-Screen Takeoff and AccuBid.
- Prepare professionally detailed proposals.
- Create project plans from estimates, and define tasks, schedules, and necessary personnel.
- Attend interviews and respond to customer questions.
- Visit job sites to assess progress, maintain logs, troubleshoot problems, and evaluate work.
- Associate degree in electrical estimating and design or bachelor’s degree in construction management or electrical engineering.
- Preferred 5+ years of related estimating experience.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to propose cost-saving alternatives to specified means and methods.
- Strategic thinking surrounding project approach.
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and other RFP documentation.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code, various construction types and building occupancies.
- Knowledge of lighting, power distribution, mechanical equipment, and low-voltage systems.
- Experience with design-build and design-assist delivery methods.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deliver accurate work on a timely basis in a fast-paced setting.
- Outgoing personality with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and AccuBid Classic, On-Screen Takeoff and AutoCad.
- Ability to prepare conceptual pricing.
- High level of dependability, reliability, and responsibility.
- Ability to work on phone and computer for extended periods of time and outside of standard business hours when necessary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.