PROJECT MANAGER: limited energy
Collin is seeking a limited energy project manager to join the Technology group. The project manager will be accountable for managing field personnel, project materials, customer relationships and have project financial accountability. Key responsibilities will include negotiating, estimating, planning, scheduling and cost engineering of structured wiring, as well as occasional security, card access, fire alarm and other low-voltage technologies (with support from other system specialized project managers). Integrating Tricom employees into Collins the team is a critical part of this role.
- Estimate projects and prepare proposals for customers.
- Develop budgets, acquire materials, track project cost and progression to fulfill contractual obligations ensuring projects are profitable and completed on time.
- Plan, oversee and direct work to ensure successful completion of projects as well as satisfied customers.
- Monitor project progress maintain project schedule and communicate relevant information to appropriate parties.
- Lead, manage and hold field employees accountable.
- Successfully integrate Tricom employees to into the Collins team.
- Meet with customers for job walks, project meetings; continue to maintain and develop customer relationships to assure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Five years of low-voltage project management experience.
- Knowledge of the low-voltage industry and technologies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, email, website navigation and intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Must have aptitude to learn new technology easily.
- Ability to produce work that is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive.
- Ability to effectively estimate projects, manage job costs, and manage financial resources.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively within a diverse group of individuals, both internally and externally, and the ability to successfully resolve conflicts or concerns.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Dependable, responsible and capable of fulfilling obligations
- Ability to regularly and predictably attend work.
- Ability to work on phone and computer for extended periods of time and outside of standard business hours when necessary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.