project manager: outdoor group
Collins is seeking a project manager/estimator to join the Outdoor Group. The project manager/estimator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing outdoor electrical projects from budgeting and estimating through design, project management, and completion—on time and on budget.
- Thoroughly review specifications and drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work, time period of work necessary for the project, and required contents of estimate.
- Collaborate with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers to negotiate and use local expertise to estimate costs.
- Solicit material and subcontractor quotes.
- Prepare electronic estimates using AccuBid.
- Prepare professionally detailed proposals.
- Create project plans from estimates, and define tasks, schedules, and necessary personnel.
- Attend interviews and respond to customer questions.
- Visit job sites to assess progress, maintain logs, troubleshoot problems, and evaluate work.
- Degree in electrical construction and or estimating and design, Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering.
- Preferred 5+ years of related estimating and project management experience in the construction field.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to propose cost-saving alternatives to specified means and methods.
- Ability to think strategically surrounding project approach.
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and other RFP documentation.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and both civil and commercial construction.
- Knowledge of lighting, power distribution, mechanical equipment, and low-voltage systems.
- Experience with design-build and design-assist delivery methods.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deliver accurate work on a timely basis in a fast-paced setting.
- Outgoing personality with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, AccuBid, and AutoCad.
- Ability to prepare conceptual pricing.
- Dependable, responsible, and capable of fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to regularly and predictably attend work.
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours when necessary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins is an EEO/AA employer and recruits, hires, trains and promotes all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, participation in a human rights commission and/or any other basis protected by law or company policy.