PROJECT MANAGER/Estimator: major accounts
Collins is seeking a project manager/estimator to join the Major Accounts Group. The project manager/estimator is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing electrical construction projects from budgeting and estimating through design, project management and completion, assuring projects are completed on time and within budgetary restraints.
- Thoroughly review specifications, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work, time period of work necessary for project and required contents of estimate.
- Confer with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers, and negotiate and use local expertise to estimate costs.
- Solicit material and subcontractor quotations.
- Prepare electronic estimates using On-Screen Takeoff and AccuBid.
- Prepare professionally detailed proposals.
- Create project plans from estimates, and define tasks, schedules, and necessary personnel.
- Attend interviews and respond to customer questions.
- Visit job sites to assess progress, maintain logs, troubleshoot problems, and evaluate work
- Associate degree in electrical estimating and design or bachelor’s degree in construction management or electrical engineering.
- Five-plus years of related estimating experience preferred.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to propose cost saving alternatives to specified means and methods.
- Ability to think strategically regarding project approach.
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and other RFP documentation.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code, various construction types and building occupancies.
- Knowledge of lighting, power distribution, mechanical equipment, and low-voltage systems.
- Experience with design-build and design-assist delivery methods.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deliver accurate work on a timely basis in a fast-paced setting.
- Outgoing personality with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and AccuBid Classic, On-Screen Takeoff and AutoCad.
- Ability to prepare conceptual pricing.
- Dependable, responsible and capable of fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to work on phone and computer for extended periods of time and outside of standard business hours when necessary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.