The project engineer assists the project manager througout the lifecycle of a project. The successful project engineer will be a self-starter who can manage multiple projects and deadlines at once, resolving issues and ensuring that work is completed according to specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understand complex electrical drawings and accurately identify components and fixtures.
- Ensure projects remain on track meeting specifications and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Review for accuracy and track submittals.
- Request quotes for pricing and compare quotes for best options.
- Assist project manager with multiple projects throughout lifecycle.
- Create product documentation and maintain records.
- Accurately prepare estimates of time, materials, and administrative costs for projects to assist project manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of electrical engineering and design commensurate with an associate degree in electrical engineering or construction management.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills: Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical specifics verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency using Bluebeam, Onscreen, MS Office with strong Excel skills. Accubid experience is a plus. Must have the aptitude to learn new technology easily.
- Ability to produce work that is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate and apply mathematical functions.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse group of individuals and the ability to successfully resolve conflicts or concerns as they arise.
- Ability to make sound decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multi-task and meet deadlines of multiple projects.
- Self-motivated with a strong interest in keeping up with electrical advances and new technology.
- Ability to work outside of standard business hours when necessary.
- Dependability: Being part of the team requires being reliable, responsive, responsible, and fulfilling obligations.
EDUCATION and Experience:
- Associate degree in electrical engineering or electrical construction
- Construction experience strongly preferred
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual or affectional orientation, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, participation in a local human rights commission and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.