Collins is seeking a low-voltage technician with a journeyman technician license to join our team. The low-voltage technician will be responsible for analyzing blueprints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems to determine the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems. Other key responsibilities will include coordinating with the team to implement the wiring on worksites as well as communicating with customers and teaching them how to use products.
- Analyze blueprints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems.
- Pull and terminate wiring cable.
- Coordinate with team to plan, coordinate and implement the wiring for residential, commercial, medical, multi-family and other customers.
- Effectively communicate with customers and colleagues regularly regarding projects, problems and uses to ensure customers understand how to use systems.
- Teach customers how to use products.
- Inspect systems and components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventative maintenance to comply with state and local electrical codes.
- Comply with all company and OSHA safety regulations to ensure the highest safety standards are met.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair low-voltage systems including security, audio/video, life-safety equipment, voice/data/fiber, security, fire and other systems.
- Test circuits, repairing security systems, diagnosing technical issues on audio/video, voice/data/fiber, life safety, card entry, and satellite.
- Active journeyman technician license, apprentice with one year of experience will be considered.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Union membership is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be proficient using tools required in union contracts adhering to the highest safety standards. Must be proficient with cable installation tools and hand tools and working in confined spaces inside/outside and in high places.
- Must have knowledge of building codes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and maintain a positive team environment.
- Knowledge of electrical systems to troubleshoot, diagnose and fix problems.
- Attention to detail, time management and teamwork.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals is preferred but not required.
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.