The electrical drafter/designer will be responsible for planning, designing and completing projects as assigned.
- Handle all aspects of electrical design work and drafting as needed, and collaborate with the design team and project managers.
- Research and collect data for design options.
- Create detailed designs with Revit MEP and AutoCAD software.
- Provide project status and respond to requests or concerns—both verbally and in writing.
- Perform preliminary electrical power and lighting system calculations such as short circuit, voltage drop and load as required.
- Create utility designs for both power and low-voltage systems.
- Reformulate designs based on unexpected circumstances or client changes.
- Communicate with project managers and other interested parties as to timelines, progress and deviations from schedule or budget.
- Review drawings and research codes to verify compliance with city, state, and county regulations.
- Review submittals to ensure compliance with project scope.
- Manage several projects at one time.
- Associate degree in electrical drafting or design.
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk products (Revit MEP, AutoCAD), Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills—both written and verbal.
- Capable of working independently and as a member of a group.
- Excellent organizational, design, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of NEC and local codes.
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual or affectional orientation, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, participation in a local human rights commission and or any other basis protected by law or company policy.