ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER: MAJOR ACCOUNTS
Collins is seeking an assistant project manager to join the Major Accounts Group. The assistant project manager will assist with the planning, organization, and management of day-to-day operations and be the primary support to the Major Accounts project managers.
- Create and manage job folders including Plangrid information, marketing materials, proposals, print drawings, panel schedules, AIC labels, and O&Ms.
- Pull job numbers, distribute them as needed and track activity to trigger billing.
- Pull and distribute permits and call inspections as needed.
- File and distribute locates and update information as required.
- Prepare billing for PM review (including final review if changes are made).
- Attend team L10 meetings.
- Conduct general administrative duties and serve as backup for PM customer calls and scheduling electricians.
- Draft proposals and compile proposal submittal documents.
- Provide backup support for other departments and perform other duties as assigned.
- Trade school degree in related field.
- Administrative experience in construction—electrical construction experience a plus.
- Associate degree in construction management or a like field may substitute for experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in person, via phone and email with diverse groups of people.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, email, website navigation, as well as intermediate to advanced MS
- Office skills, including Excel. Must have aptitude to learn new technology easily. PlanGrid experience a strong plus.
- Ability to produce work that is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively within a diverse group, both internally and externally; and the ability to successfully resolve conflicts or concerns.
- Ability to proactively contribute to the success of the team by completing tasks, meeting goals and managing projects. Takes pride in individual and team accomplishments.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Must have comprehensive understanding of construction and processes.
- Ability to regularly and predictably attend work.
- Ability to work on phone and computer for extended periods of time and outside of standard business hours when necessary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.