The accounting associate will work alongside the finance and accounting teams to process accounts payable, manage credit card expense reporting, enter and correct sales and use tax information, and provide financial reporting to various departments.
- Manage accounts payable function and maintain processes to ensure accuracy and integrity of purchase orders and invoice receipts.
- Accurately enter and process manual accounts payable invoices, statement reconciliation, payment processing, and miscellaneous electronic document (pdf, word, excel) management.
- Manage company credit card expense process, including support of employee user application, integration with ERP, and proper reporting and entry to general ledger.
- Support various company profiles in vendor portals and respond to supplier credit information requests and related tasks.
- Maintain & support customer requested prequalification requirements, including supporting documentation and portal management.
- Process daily cash receipt, application, lien waiver, and related accounts receivable tasks.
- Manage sales and use tax function including corrections and reporting.
- Provide general support to ERP job cost and general ledger systems, including entry and transfer transactions, reporting, and reconciliations.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent technical discipline (bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Three years of accounting or finance experience; financial experience in the construction industry is strongly preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Bluebeam, Adobe, MS Office 365 tool suite (Teams, Excel, Word, PPT).
- Specific intermediate to advanced Excel skills around VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, if/then statements, or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to think critically and assess various situations for the best course of action.
- Aptitude to learn new technology easily.
- Keen attention to details.
- Strong financial acumen with an understanding of accounting principles.
- Process-oriented with ability to visualize processes and process improvements.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to solve problems and develop solutions.
- Dependable, responsible and capable of fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to regularly and predictably attend work.
- Ability to work on the computer for extended periods of time and outside of standard business hours when necessary.
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company-paid health insurance
- Company-paid 401k contribution
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Profit sharing
Collins Electrical Construction Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.